Ok. I've been writing thank you notes for what seems like an eternity-so I took a little MySpace break. Just now. And I have to say, I think I may be through with it. At first, I was totally super psyched to get back in touch with friends I had not seen in many a moon. Living far from my home, that damn MySpace has become one of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to keep in touch with the people I miss. And I used to be all "OH MY GOD! I TOTALLY FOUND MY 3rd GRADE BFF! WOO HOO!" about the whole thing. And now? Frankly? I'm feeling a little sick. A little judged. A little used.
On several occasions, some folks that had MySpaceFound me have made comments such as "I've been dying to see what YOU'VE been up to" and maybe a little "you're DEFINITELY someone I've been wondering about" or something. Then? When they find out that I'm MERELY a married children's librarian, they want nothing to do with me. As if I've somehow disappointed them. Look,...I'm sorry that my life choices don't amount to whatever unfounded expectations you had of me. More importantly, I'm sorry it's that important to you. No, I am not a famous actress/singer/one woman entertainment machine. If I was? I would not have a stupid MySpace page and an equally stupid and self-important blog. I would be making out with Johnny Depp and then planning my next big number with Hugh Jackman when we co-host the Tony Awards. Just because the yearbook says "Most Likely To Be Famous"...doesn't make it TRUE. The yearbook said a lot of things that did not come to pass. Such as "don't come back from Atlanta with bad tan lines." We all know I have HIDEOUS tan lines.
I love my husband. I love my job. I love my sensible dishes.
So all ya'll, go to MySpace Pimper and pimp yourselves the only way you know how to.
Oh, and PS? You're SO TOTALLY DELETED OFF MY FRIENDS. Take THAT!
I know that was really dramatic and self important and slightly crazy, but I just really needed an outlet for that. So spanks for reading.
And also, for all you Jocks N Jills Brookhaven lovers? Sunday night is their LAST NIGHT OPEN. Husband and I ate there tonight, and not gonna lie...I may have sniffled a little bit. So in honor of Jocks, let's have a little:
TOP TEN JOCKS MOMENTS
1. The unstoppable trivia team "Dose of the Horn" wins 50 bucks.
2. Every happy hour (2 dollar appetizers people!)
3. THE BIG BEER
4. New Years Eve Surf and Turf and champagne (even if She Who Must Not Be Named was there)
5. St.Patty's Day when Meehan's was too crowded.
6. That Rebirth of the Confederacy group that met in the banquet room (SCARY)
7. Husband's only source of income for a year...thanks for the box spring Jocks.
8. Cheney orders Southwest Egg Rolls for the 100th time.
9. My MALE ambiguously gay boss gets rid of the "ambiguous" part by ordering a Cosmo...at a sports bar.
10. Black and Bleu salad. Hold the Bleu.